guix-devel

Re: Call for screencasts!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Call for screencasts!
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 17:05:44 +0200

Hello!

address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> I’d like a video of at most 5 minutes to put on the home page that would
> showcase, for example (with explanations in English; bonus points if you
> have a good mic and are a native speaker ;-)):
>
>   1. The usual ‘guix package’ commands;
>   2. the Emacs interface, briefly (like the generation diff);
>   3. ‘guix environment’, including with ‘--container’;
>   4. ‘guix system vm’ and the declarative OS configuration.

I tried to extend my skill set, and made this, ahem, wonderful video:

  http://web.fdn.fr/~lcourtes/tmp/guix-demo.ogv (4 MiB)
  http://web.fdn.fr/~lcourtes/tmp/guix-demo.gif (24 MiB!)

It’s 1mn15s long and only shows #1, but I thought it’s a good start as
something to replace the 50mn video currently on the front page.

What do people think?

Given the size difference, I suppose we’d have to put the Theora video
rather than the animated GIF.

Ludo’.