guix-devel

Re: Update: Implementing guix system rollback / switch-generation

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: Update: Implementing guix system rollback / switch-generation
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:40:38 -0700

> Automated tests for this will be a bit difficult because we don’t have
> any ‘guix system’ tests yet.  I think this should be done in the new
> system test infrastructure.
>
> However, since you’ve done extensive manual testing, this part shouldn’t
> block you.  We can add it at a later point.

OK. I saw your blog post on Savannah about the system test
infrastructure; I'm excited to play around with that!

> (Refactored from (guix scripts package).)  Could you make this
> refactoring in a separate patch?  It LGTM.
> (Isolating changes like this can be tedious but it simplifies review and
> bisecting should a regression be introduced.)

This makes sense.  I've split them out.  I'll keep this in mind going
forward.

> Not sure what happened here.  :-)  Please avoid reformatting such
> strings; they are translated so changing them makes translations stale.

I intended to modify the alignment of the second column, but the diff
certainly looks ugly, and I forgot that these strings get translated.
Good point; I will not change the existing strings.

> Otherwise looks like Milestone #1 is already close to completion!

Thank you for your help!  Hopefully the rest will be quick.

--
Chris