guix-devel

Re: Patch to rename NIX_CONF_DIR to GUIX_CONF_DIR

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Patch to rename NIX_CONF_DIR to GUIX_CONF_DIR
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 14:21:40 +0200

Hello!

David Craven <address@hidden> skribis:

> First I have to say `guix build guix --with-source=.` is totally awesome!!

Thanks!  Don’t miss --with-input too!  ;-)

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Package-Transformation-Options.html

> I couldn't find any documentation on the git commit message
> convention, hope I did it right.

ng0 already replied on that point; you’re almost there.  :-)

The patch omits to change references to ‘NIX_CONF_DIR’ in the *.cc and
*.h files under nix/.  Could you update it accordingly?

While at it, can you make it ‘GUIX_CONFIGURATION_DIRECTORY’ instead of
‘GUIX_CONF_DIR’ (following the Scheme tradition of avoiding
abbreviations ;-))?

Last, please run the test suite to make sure nothing goes wrong:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Running-the-Test-Suite.html

Thank you for looking into it!

Ludo’.