guix-devel

Re: core-updates vs. core-updates-next

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: core-updates vs. core-updates-next
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 12:04:35 -0400

On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 05:38:31PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> > Okay, do you think I should move the commits from core-updates-next to
> > core-updates?
>
> Yes, please!  Just cherry-picking them and that should be fine.

Both patches can't be cherry-picked smoothly. In both cases, there have
been other changes to the packages on core-updates that are not present
on core-updates-next. Even if I resolve the conflicts while
cherry-picking, I think we will get conflicts again whenever we merge
what is now core-updates-next.

For expat, it was updated to 2.1.1, and for libxslt, the docs were made
to build reproducibly.

So, even though it will look a bit messy in the logs, I wonder if it's
best to revert them on core-updates-next and manually recreate the
changes on core-updates?

And in the future, I will *definitely* check for this situation before
pushing changes to a ...-next branch.