guix-devel

Re: Publishing an Official Statement on Self-Hosted Compilers

From: Alex Griffin
Subject: Re: Publishing an Official Statement on Self-Hosted Compilers
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 18:22:34 -0500

On Thu, May 12, 2016, at 05:05 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> I like it.  :-)
>
> I think the bit about the “trusting trust” attack should go under “The
> Problem”. [...]
>
> WDYT?
>
> We should then discuss it with the repro-builds folks, and probably
> contact a bunch of compiler writers to get initial feedback.

Thanks for the feedback, I agree!

Unfortunately I can't continue working on this right now. Even though
this is not such a large task, it still requires more attention than I
can afford at the moment. I intend to come back to it later, once I am
confident that I can do a good job without neglecting anything more
important. In the meantime, everyone should feel free to work on this
without me if they want.

Thanks for understanding,
--
Alex Griffin