guix-devel

Re: [WIP Patch] address@hidden address@hidden address@hidden compilers

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: [WIP Patch] address@hidden address@hidden address@hidden compilers
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 18:04:20 -0400

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 02:06:32PM -0400, Matthew Jordan wrote:
> Thanks to the initial work done by "Efraim Flashner
> <address@hidden>" and a little encouragement ("tweeaking" lol)
> from Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> I have done some work on the golang
> compiler package.

I'm very happy to see more work being done to bring Golang into Guix!

> +;;; GNU Guix --- Functional package management for GNU
> +;;; Copyright © 2015, 2016 Efraim Flashner <address@hidden>
> +;;; Copyright © 2016 Matthew Jordan <address@hidden>
> +;;;
> +;;; This file is an addendum GNU Guix.

We should remember to update this line when we are ready to merge the
patch.

> +(define-public go-1.4

[...]

> +               ;; Disable the unix socket test
> +               (system* "sed" "-i" "/TestShutdownUnix/areturn"
> "net/net_test.go")

Later, I think we should replace the use of `sed` with more uses of
(substitute).

> +(define-public go-1.5

> +    (native-inputs
> +     `(("gccgo" ,go-1.4)
> +       ,@(alist-delete "gccgo" (package-native-inputs go-1.4))))))

Is there a reason to call go-1.4 'gccgo' here? Is it an artifact of
copy-pasting the go-1.4 package definition, which uses 'gccgo' in the
pre-build and build phases?

> Sections/Contents
> --- Summary/Short version
> --- More detailed version

> --- Summary/Short version (see "--- More detailed version" for details)

> =============> Note: some of the commands may be biased towards the
> zsh shell
>
> Results;
>
> go-1.4 builds sucessfully with all.bash script.
> go-1.5 builds successfully with all.bash script.
> go-1.6 build successfully with make.bash script.
>
> Main problem affecting the three mentioned minor versions;
>
> $ go version
> go: error while loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1: cannot open

This is the big problem with all of our attempts so far.

> Solved manually by
> $ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LIBRARY_PATH

As Ricardo said in another thread, we should really figure out how to
make this unecessary.