guix-devel

4 projects accepted for GSoC!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: 4 projects accepted for GSoC!
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 16:50:51 +0200

Hello!

I am pleased to announce that 4 students have been accepted to work on
Guix for the Google Summer of Code!

  • Efraim Flashner will work on a Bourne-shell compiler front-end for Guile
    mentors: Eric Bavier, myself

https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/GSoC-2016#Write_a_Bourne-shell_compiler_front-end_for_Guile

  • Jelle Licht will work on an npm importer for Guix
    mentors: Chris Webber, Dave Thompson

https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/GSoC-2016#NPM_package_importer_and_builder

  • Mathieu Lirzin will work on a continuous integration tool à la Hydra
    mentors: Dave Thompson, myself

https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/GSoC-2016#Rewrite_Hydra_to_be_more_integrated_with_Guix

  • Manolis Ragkousis will work on porting GuixSD to GNU/Hurd
    mentors: Justus Winter, myself
    https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/GSoC-2016#Port_GuixSD_to_GNU.2FHurd

I’m glad we got this much.  The GNU Project as a whole asked for 25
slots and got 18.

We already know all four students, but let’s welcome them anyway!  :-)
I put above the name of the “official” mentors that Google knows about,
but I think this is community work so we should all feel entitled to
provide guidance, advice, suggestions, bug reports, and all that.

Congrats to the four of you, and thanks to Giuseppe Scrivano and Jose
E. Marchesi for organizing the GNU Project’s application!

Ludo’.