guix-devel

Re: pcmanfm version update

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: pcmanfm version update
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 20:49:40 -0400

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 11:31:02PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Leo Famulari <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > On Sat, Apr 09, 2016 at 10:59:03PM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> >> We do have some packages that have to be updated together, acme and
> >> letsencrypt, python-cryptography and python-cryptography-vectors. But
> >> those do have a commit message that they are updated together.

Python-cryptography-vectors is a test suite for python-cryptography
[0]. I think it wouldn't be wrong for them to be integrated into the
python-cryptography package if they are not used elsewhere.

> > If those packages were updated separately, the build would break after
> > the first commit. Neither of those package pairs works if the versions
> > are not in sync [0].
> >
> > In my opinion, that is a valid reason for updating multiple packages in
> > the same commit.
>
> If that is the case (I wouldn’t be surprised), I agree it’s a valid
> reason.

I tried it, and pcmanfm 1.2.4 at least built successfully against libfm
1.2.3. But, pcmanfm only ran tests in the 'po' translations
directory, where they warn about use of a deprecated regex syntax.

> Anyway, it’s no big deal, so we shouldn’t block otherwise
> uncontroversial and non-disrupting patches for 1 week just because of
> this IMO.

True, we got sidetracked. Sorry for the delay, Raymond!

Applied as 58f738a1c8.

[0]
https://cryptography.io/en/latest/development/test-vectors/