guix-devel

Re: shepherd, default /etc/shepherd.scm for other distributions

From: David Michael
Subject: Re: shepherd, default /etc/shepherd.scm for other distributions
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 18:11:19 -0400

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 7:52 AM, Jean Louis <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am searching for a sample shepherd /etc/shepherd.scm to be run on
> other distributions. If anyone has such file, just a sample, for one
> service, with the recent shepherd version, let me know. It would be
> enough

If you just want to see a harebrained example, this is what I am
currently using with non-Guix Shepherd version 0.3.1 (warning: on
Hurd).  It basically attempts to reproduce the system initialization
shell script from upstream Hurd, with a few ideas from other init
systems mixed into it.

http://paste.fedoraproject.org/354821/14604969/

It reads its service definitions from a drop-in configuration
directory that packages can write into when they're installed.  Here
are the contents of a few of those files.

http://paste.fedoraproject.org/354822/97563146/

David