guix-devel

Reproducible build: linux-libre kernel

From: rain1
Subject: Reproducible build: linux-libre kernel
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 13:16:13 +0100

Hello!

I noticed that the linux-libre package we have is not a reproducible build using the command: guix build linux-libre --check --no-substitutes

I did a bit of research into this these posts and blogs were helpful, as well as the mempo project:
* <https://lwn.net/Articles/437864/>
* <https://abraithwaite.net/2014/08/11/deterministic-kernel-builds/>
* <https://github.com/rfree/mempo-kernel/blob/master/kernel-build/linux-mempo/build.sh#L95>

So I've added these tweaks, performed the build twice and it seems to be reproducible now! Would anyone like to test it and see if they do get the same build? (On x86_64)

/gnu/store/zbzs26xa68znnlgvgqchm4y7lxbnl4gg-linux-libre-det-4.5

Cheers.