guix-devel

Re: fixed the gnome forever-suspend problem

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: fixed the gnome forever-suspend problem
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:42:58 +0100

Hi!

Sorry things didn't work for you.  Beta software, etc etc.

On Thu 17 Mar 2016 22:44, Albin <address@hidden> writes:

> * Brightness controls didn't work in GNOME's control panel logged in as
> user.  It did worked when logged in as root however.

I had this problem until I uninstalled gnome-settings-daemon from my
user profile.  I am not certain that this was what caused things to
start working but I think it is.  I think it is related to which
services get chosen for d-bus or for execlp; not sure.  It could be your
user profile was out of date.  I do not know.

FWIW everything now works for me, which is a first in a year :)

Regards,

Andy