guix-devel

Re: wip-xorg-server-1.18

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: wip-xorg-server-1.18
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 12:26:17 -0500

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue 23 Feb 2016 22:17, Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> One problem that has turned up is that 6 of the video drivers you
>> updated no longer build, because our local patches no longer apply
>> cleanly to them:
>>
>>   http://hydra.gnu.org/build/1039955 (xf86-video-mga)
>>   http://hydra.gnu.org/build/1037199 (xf86-video-r128)
>>   http://hydra.gnu.org/build/1036050 (xf86-video-siliconmotion)
>>   http://hydra.gnu.org/build/1034473 (xf86-video-tdfx)
>>   http://hydra.gnu.org/build/1040961 (xf86-video-trident)
>>   http://hydra.gnu.org/build/1043614 (xf86-video-vmware)
>
> Fixed on media-update.
>
>> There's another video driver that you didn't update, but that no longer
>> builds against the new xorg-server:
>>
>>   http://hydra.gnu.org/build/1042309 (xf86-video-voodoo)
>
> Fixed too, by applying a patch from git.

Great, thanks.  I squashed the fixes into the original commits and
rebased 'media-updates' on current master.

Next problem: I tried updating my Thinkpad X60 (with Intel graphics) to
the media-updates branch, and now I'm seeing lots of rendering errors,
most consistently in the tab headers of GNU Icecat:

PNG image

I guess the problem is in the git revision of xf86-video-intel that
you've chosen.  I think we'd better use the latest tarball release of
this driver instead.  Suggestions?

       Mark