guix-devel

Re: libwnck

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: libwnck
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:14:34 +0200

On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 12:31:38 +0100
Andreas Enge <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we have the following in gnome.scm:
> $ guix package -A libwnck
> libwnck       2.30.7  out     gnu/packages/gnome.scm:1464:2
> libwnck       3.14.0  out     gnu/packages/gnome.scm:1435:2
>
> However, the first one is internally assigned to the variable "libwnck-1".
> I assume that someone got inspired by another case where the "-1" is actually
> a version number. Is it okay if I rename it to "libwnck-2"?
>
> Andreas

address@hidden:~$ guix refresh -l libwnck-1
guix refresh: error: libwnck: package not found for version 1
address@hidden:~$ guix refresh -l libwnck-2
Building the following package would ensure 1 dependent packages are rebuilt:
xfce-4.12.0
address@hidden:~$ guix refresh -l libwnck-3
Building the following package would ensure 1 dependent packages are rebuilt:
gnome-3.18.3

Looks like a good idea to me. Finding specific non-latest version can be
hard, and having the 2.x version having the same string for packaging as for
searching should help.

--
Efraim Flashner   <address@hidden>   אפרים פלשנר