guix-devel

Re: GuixSD artwork

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: GuixSD artwork
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 20:39:41 +0100

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 02:21:12PM -0500, Mark H Weaver wrote:
> As I recall, while I was trying to change our svg->png code to use
> simpler tools to avoid requiring 'inkscape', I guessed that the
> checkboard pattern might be a mere artifact, but Luis later confirmed
> that it was an intentional part of the design.

Okay, sorry for the noise then!

I am going to add some more:
In the artworks repository, there is a background for slim (the one with the
coloured waves); however, the same GuixSD image as for the grub background is
used there. Is that intentional? Actually, I do quite like it.

Maybe if someone finds out how to change the background image of xfce (to the
waves, I suppose), it would be nice to also do so for gnome; I think Daniel's
screenshot would be more interesting if it showed something more guix specific.

Andreas