guix-devel

Package modules

From: Fabian Harfert
Subject: Package modules
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 15:45:30 +0100

Hi!

I don't understand the point that makes package modules necessary in
general and theoretically. We can have each package only once, so
there's no need for that.

I know that practically it is necessary because it's easy to structure
and results from the definition of packages like program code.

But why isn't it possible to include all the packages modules from (gnu
packages) automatically? Is there something speaking against that?

Fabian