guix-devel

Re: The tricky case of "--localstatedir=/var"

From: Jookia
Subject: Re: The tricky case of "--localstatedir=/var"
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 04:12:32 +1100

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 05:41:09PM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote:
> There is also a middle ground that would be possible: Move some of the
> content of localstatedir to /gnu; this would make sense for the sqlite
> database, for instance. Then it would be possible to copy /gnu from one
> system to another. On the other hand, there are quite a few more things
> in /var/guix, so maybe this is not really sensible.

I'm not sure how that would really fix the issue that people are hitting: Say we
move some of the content to /gnu, things like profiles, the daemon socket, all
the things that Guix looks for and symlinks to won't be found if Guix looks in
/usr/local/var/guix and /gnu instead of /var/guix and /gnu.

> Andreas

Jookia.