guix-devel

Re: Small texlive variant

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Small texlive variant
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 11:17:57 +0100

Thanks for the comments!

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 11:45:01AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> This comment is too indented and redundant with the code below, I think.

Okay, I kept a shorter and clearer comment.

> Make it an inner ‘define’, to reduce indentation.

Done.

> Also the docstring should be below the formal parameter list, and should
> be a sentence.

I took inspiration from other files; is it okay/required to start the
second line of a real docstring in the first column? I am attaching the patch
again mainly for that reason.

> > +                     (lambda (subdir exclude)
> I’d make exclude a keyword parameter, for clarity.

Well, I think it would make sense if the procedure were exported globally;
here it is really one with two parameters, so I am not following your advice.

I also made the texlive-texmf-minimal variable private. As mentioned quickly
on irc yesterday, I would like to do the same with texlive-texmf, to avoid
mistakes (someone mentioned they had installed texlive-texmf and texlive
into the same profile). As long as texlive-bin remains public, one can still
download texlive-bin (which takes a while to compile) from hydra and unpack
the data locally; the step from texlive-texmf to texlive is trivial and
consists only of adding symlinks.

What do you think?

Andreas