guix-devel

Re: Adding btrfs-progs

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Adding btrfs-progs
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:10:36 -0500

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 05:03:16PM +0100, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote:
> On 12 February 2016 at 03:41, Leo Famulari <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Thanks for the patch! Pushed as fc686f9a19.
>
> \o/
>
> > On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 05:01:45AM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> >> [1]: <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.guix.devel/12164>,
> >>      although this patch was not based on that one.
>
> I should really stop hacking after 4am. For the record: [1], of course.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> T G-R
>
> [1]: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.guix.devel/13164

Oh, now I get it :)

The INSTALL file in the btrfs-progs source distribution describes the
creation of static versions of btrfs utilities. I'm not an expert on
this stuff but I believe that is what is required in the initrd.

Do you think you could investigate this possibility? It's much easier to
do this stuff on GuixSD since you can always rollback (unless you break
GRUB).