guix-devel

GSoC ideas

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: GSoC ideas
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 12:38:02 +0100

I have posted a GNU Guix project idea to SciRuby Foundation:

  https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/sciruby-dev/CZt75MuUxhg

Basically a student can work on

  - Add JRuby support to Guix
  - Add rbx support to Guix
  - Add all testing frameworks to Guix (e.g. cucumber)
  - Add all web development frameworks to Guix (e.g. RoR)
  - Add Sciruby and related modules to Guix
  - Provide support to Travis-CI (probably through Docker)
  - Provide general Docker support
  - Integrate with IRuby notebook and nyaplot

Guix has support for containers built-in, so we can even live without
Docker.

If you are interested, sign up with the SciRuby mailing list (sorry
they use Google groups).

Also I encourage other packagers to post project ideas to relevant
organisations (R, SciPy anyone?).

Pj.