guix-devel

Re: web browser freedom issue

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: web browser freedom issue
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 08:18:14 -0500

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 8:07 AM, Dika Setya Prayogi
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I saw the default GuixSD web browser the ''web'' in xfce include an
> non privacy oriented search engine. is that a restriction of freedom ?

GuixSD has no default web browser, because OS configs are completely
up to users to create.  Are you talking about GNU IceCat?  I don't see
a software freedom issue here, but it would be best to to send this
feedback directly to the GNU IceCat developers so that they can use
their knowledge of the domain to make an informed decision about this.

Thanks,

- Dave