guix-devel

Packagers tutorial, deployment tutorial

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Packagers tutorial, deployment tutorial
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 05:53:04 +0100

In addition to the a packaging tutorial, I would also like a
deployment tutorial where explain how to do system configuration and
how to create a caching server/build server in a few steps.

The information is there in the main docs (and source code), but what
we lack is a short descriptive list what steps one has to go through.

Ludo, I am happy to participate in this effort. I would like to
propose using org-mode on for the initial versions. Simply because I
am productive that way.

Would that be OK? And, despite my own reservations on github's growing
role, I think at this stage github has the best functionality. Also
github invites contributions because many people are signed up. For
the short term, I suggest we use github for the tutorials. Github has
the right audience for readers too. Once it stabalizes it could go
into the main Guix tree.

Pj.

PS I don't like wiki's. Those are no option.