guix-devel

Re: Missing configure

From: Filipe Brandenburger
Subject: Re: Missing configure
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 07:50:07 -0800

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Andreas Enge <address@hidden> wrote:
> the source code of numactl-2.0.10 is missing the "configure" file (and
> potentially other files generated by the autotoools). Could you create
> the tarball via the command "make dist"? This creates all necessary files
> so that users who want to compile the package can do so without running
> "autogen.sh", which means without installing the autotools themselves,
> and by simply running the classic "./configure && make check && make install".

This has been fixed on 2.0.11.

At this time, we don't really have plans to fix the 2.0.10 tarball
retroactively... The 2.0.11 release only includes two small commits on
top of 2.0.10, so I'd recommend going with it directly.

> Incidentally, it will also simplify the packaging work for gnu/linux
> distributions.

Indeed! This was a big motivation for the switch to automake...

Let us know if 2.0.11 works for you now.

Cheers!
Filipe