guix-devel

Re: HI ... warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument -3

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: HI ... warning: failed to install locale: Invalid argument -3
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 19:18:42 +0100

john francis lee <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden:~$ ldd --version
> ldd (Debian GLIBC 2.19-18+deb8u1) 2.19
> Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.
>
> ... all the documentation talks about 2.21 and 2.22. I guess debian
> jessie is already an antique?

I don’t think it matters much.  Guix doesn’t use the host system’s
glibc.  Guix programmes will only use the glibc in the store.  To make
locales work you’d have to install the “glibc-locales” (or
“glibc-utf8-locales”) package (as you tried according to your previous
message) and then set GUIX_LOCPATH to tell the Guix glibc where to find
the locale data.

Debian’s glibc will not be affected by this.

~~ Ricardo