guix-devel

Re: Plan for 0.9.0

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Plan for 0.9.0
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 10:45:18 +0100

Status update:

address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> In addition to the nice stuff we already have, it’d be nice to add:
>
>   • wip-container, I think we’re almoooost there;

Done (a couple of small testing issues need to be solved.)

>   • finalize multiple-server support in ‘guix substitute’;

Done.

>   • maybe merge wip-loogson2f or help generalize the issues identified
>     in that branch? doable?

Half-done.  Will finish for the next release.

>   • low-hanging fruits in the Freedesktop side (adding a udisk service,
>     fixing D-Bus service activation, for instance; what else?)

Done.

>   • add the ‘guix install’ alias discussed a while back;

Postponed.

>   • /etc/environment and pam_env, as was suggested;

Probably postponed.

>   • bug fixes, lots.

I’ll go through the list again.

I would like to work on the release this Wednesday, Nov. 4th, with the
announcement going out sometime between Wednesday and Friday.

I’ll post a GuixSD installation image for testing hopefully later today.

In the meantime, please see what you can do to fix these:

  http://hydra.gnu.org/eval/107728#tabs-still-fail
  http://bugs.gnu.org/guix

TIA!  :-)

Ludo’.