guix-devel

Re: Giving up on RubyGems

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Giving up on RubyGems
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 15:32:08 +0200

Hi!

I think letting the dust settle down cannot hurt–and you have awesome
projects in the pipeline, like container support!  ;-)

>From an outsider’s perspective, it may be that the outcome is that we’ll
have to act on a case-by-case basis: using gems when they actually
contain source, and starting from Git checkouts elsewhere.

For the latter, it might be that ‘git ls-files’ is not too ubiquitous,
or that we can find workarounds.  It certainly means more manual work.

Anyway, thanks for all the work and for the clear summary.  We’ll see
how things evolve and what other Rubyists would like to do.

Ludo’.