guix-devel

Re: Plan for 0.9.0

From: Mathieu Lirzin
Subject: Re: Plan for 0.9.0
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 14:28:22 +0200

Eric Bavier <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 23:44:39 +0200
> address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:
>
>> Mathieu Lirzin <address@hidden> skribis:

>> > Show --help and exit(0)?  ;)
>>
>> Sure we could do that, but I’m not convinced it’s an improvement.  WDYT?
>
> FWIW, I'm not convinced either.

I think the enthusiasm for changing ‘guix gc’ was induced by somekind of
shared experience of typing it loosely and ending up having to download
a lot of substitutes again.  So maybe we can keep ‘guix gc’ as it is but
make it interactive by listing what is going to be deleted and ask for
confirmation with a [Y/n] prompt.  This solution will also require
somekind of a ‘--force’ option for scripting purposes.

Does it sound better?

--
Mathieu Lirzin