guix-devel

Re: Using 'system*' instead of 'system' in 'guix environment'

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: Using 'system*' instead of 'system' in 'guix environment'
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 11:42:52 -0400

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:

> I guess we must still support -E for compatibility.  Probably it should
> do an implicit ‘sh -c’?

This introduces implementation issues.  What if a user provides both a
-E command *and* a command after '--'?  What's the sane thing to do?

I also don't feel strongly that we need to keep flags around for
compatibility this early in the game, given that we are alpha software
and such.

Thoughts?

- Dave