guix-devel

Re: New Install

From: Richard
Subject: Re: New Install
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 09:24:40 +0000 (UTC)

> From: Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
> It is, if you want to share /home but not not /etc, /var, and so on.

Sharing was never of interest - I just wanted to have the safety net of
having another bootable OS. In the end I have decided to wipe Slackware
and completely embrace the GNU...

That leads to another question. What are appropriate partition sizes when
using guix? From my brief reading it seems that guix will be storing lots
of data below /gnu/store. For Slackware I just use a 5GB root partition
and have never needed more. Should I infer that guix will be more greedy
for disk space?

> In practice you'd be obliged to move to grub.

Fair enough. May I suggest that at some point (many, many months from now)
it might be worth re-visiting that idea? I expect that I am not the only
user who might consider multibooting and who has an established boot
system.

Again, many thanks, Richard.