guix-devel

Re: 'core-updates': should we mention Graphviz in "Requirements"?

From: 白い熊@相撲道
Subject: Re: 'core-updates': should we mention Graphviz in "Requirements"?
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 10:28:46 +0200

'make' fails with the following:

[...]

dot -Tpng -Tpng -Gratio=.9 -Gnodesep=.005 -Granksep=.00005 -Nfontsize=9
-Nheight=.1 -Nwidth=.1 < "doc/images/bootstrap-graph.dot" >
"doc/images/bootstrap-graph.png.tmp"
/bin/bash: dot: command not found
make[2]: *** [doc/images/bootstrap-graph.png] Error 127

The idea is that the images produces by dot are part of the tarball, so
Graphviz doesn’t need to be listed as a requirement.

That said, it would be good to mention it in the “Building from Git”
section that you’re working on.

Ugh... This just got me.

I'm running git Guix on a GuixSD install, having aliased "guix" to the git version.

So in order to run make now I first have to install graphviz using the non-git guix, since the dot commang is not present, and only then can I make the git right?

Cumbersome...
--
白い熊@相撲道