guix-devel

Re: Developing Guile with Guix

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Developing Guile with Guix
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 12:07:09 +0200

On Tue 11 Aug 2015 11:11, Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> the salient line being:
>
>     ld-wrapper: error: attempt to use impure library
> "/opt/guile/lib/libguile-2.2.so"
>
> What do I do here?  Linking against /opt/guile/lib/libguile-2.2.so is
> *exactly* what I want to do, so not quite sure how to proceed.  I *also*
> want the resulting binary fixed up to link via -rpath into the store, so
> I do need the ld-wrapper AFAIU, but I guess I need for it to allow
> linking into /opt.

Grovelling in source I find that "GUIX_LD_WRAPPER_ALLOW_IMPURITIES=yep
make install" works.  Cool :)

I guess the "right" solution is an environment variable setting to allow
linking to libraries whose file names are absolute.  You might possibly
want to exclude libraries in /usr, just to avoid a hassle, but people do
make things in /usr/local so dunno.

Maybe GUIX_LD_WRAPPER_ALLOW_IMPURITIES=/opt/guile:/opt/foo or so.

Andy