guix-devel

Re: Qtwebengine

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Qtwebengine
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 10:31:28 +0200

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 11:34:45PM +0800, 宋文武 wrote:
> You could remove or comment out ninja too, it's used to build webengine.

Thanks for the suggestion, I did and pushed.

> The below are for qt-4?

Yes. I added harfbuzz as an input to qt 5, and took it out again for qt-4.

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 05:07:18PM -0400, Mark H Weaver wrote:
> 宋文武 <address@hidden> writes:
> > +1 for remove qtwebengine.

Done and pushed, only for qt 5. I tried the flag "-skip qtwebengine" for qt-4,
and it was not recognised. Apparently this modularisation appears only
in qt 5.

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 11:34:45PM +0800, 宋文武 wrote:
> (I tried to split Qt into submodules, but it seems to require a lot of
> effort which I couldn't give now :-( )

I looked into the "submodules" directory on the download server, and also
tried to search a bit the documentation, but did not quite understand whether
it was possible to build the different qt libraries separately. My impression
was that it was not possible. To me, it looks as if these different modules
first need to be unpacked in a common place and then be compiled all together.
The same could then be reached by configuring with "-skip this -skip that",
except that one would not need to download the modules that will not be
compiled.

Andreas