guix-devel

Re: Texinfo in descriptions?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Texinfo in descriptions?
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 23:24:10 +0200

address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> Well, we can email the coordinator asking what they think of this.

With Benno being OK, we should start looking at implementing the change.
The various parts that I can think of are:

  • Having a ‘package-description-string’ procedure that would return
    the description rendered as a string, using the (stexi) modules.

  • ‘--search’ could use the raw description (including markup).
    However, ‘package->recutils’ must use ‘package-description-string’
    or similar.

  • guix.el, guix-web, and the web site need to do the right thing when
    displaying descriptions.

Any volunteer?  :-)

Ludo’.