guix-devel

Of sounds and locales

From: matias_jose_seco
Subject: Of sounds and locales
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 20:08:26 +0000

Humanists and Magicians,
i'm very glad to began this journey around BuildYourWorld dimension!
In particular i've successfully generated the GuixSD station at Libreboot X60,
and it runs like a free deer over the woods!

I apologize if i'm eventually writing to the wrong specific-ml,
but i was unable to find any guix-user address to propose this
phenomenons.

In this chapter, i was trying to complete system declaration
following two quests:
1 - add "processor.max_cstate=2" to GRUB's kernel parameters
2 - Set an Italian Locale with an UK Keyboard Layout
The first goal is to turn the laptop from a whistling kettle to a calm breeze [1]. The latter gives me the chance to test Italian locale while using x60's GB layout.

Unfortunately, tought several attempts, i was unable to correct/find scheme syntax/errors so far.
Here you can find my current system declaration: [2]
Very, very, glad for your lecture and vitality.

[1] http://www.coreboot.org/Board:lenovo/x60#high_pitched_noise_from_the_board_during_low_power_states
[2] http://pastebin.com/Zd7FNvgR