guix-devel

Re: elogind WIP

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: elogind WIP
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 22:19:55 +0200

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> I restored a few files needed to produce man page, renamed two instances
>> of "systemd.version", and disabled DTD validation.  There are,
>> unfortunately, even more XML files that are missing, but they look like
>> we shouldn't want them to be part of elogind:
>>
>>   XSLT     man/sd-login.html
>> warning: failed to load external entity "man/libsystemd-pkgconfig.xml"
>> man/sd-login.xml:118: element include: XInclude error : could not load
>> man/libsystemd-pkgconfig.xml, and no fallback was found
>> Makefile:4988: recipe for target 'man/sd-login.html' failed
>> make[2]: *** [man/sd-login.html] Error 6
>
> sd-login.html sounds like it may have something to do with the logind
> part of systemd, no?

It seems that libsystemd has already been renamed to libelogind, so I
went ahead and restored libsystemd-pkgconfig.xml as
libelogind-pkgconfig.xml and changed all references to it.  I will
continue to play with this in the coming days.

>> What to do with these files?  Should we ignore the man page generation
>> for now and rewrite the wee bit we need for elogind?  (Or should elogind
>> stay close to systemd upstream to make it easier to track development?)
>
> I guess we should stay close to upstream.  Nevertheless, we should skip
> manual page generation for now if that’s too much of a hindrance, so we
> can get started with the more interesting parts.  WDYT?

Okay.  I'll play around a little more and report back if man page
generation is taking too much time to get it right.

~~ Ricardo