guix-devel

Re: libarchive fails tests on i686

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: libarchive fails tests on i686
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 11:17:39 +0100

On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 10:47:53AM +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> libarchive has not yet been built for i686 on hydra, so there are no
> binary substitutes available.  The failure to build libarchive blocks
> other packages such as qt.

It is a bit strange that we should depend on bsdtar and bsdcpio... Well,
probably it is the library libarchive. The dependency comes in through
cmake (and is actually not detected by "guix refresh -l libarchive").

In linuxfromscratch, libarchive is only mentioned as "recommended" to build
cmake:
   http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/general/cmake.html
So maybe we could take it out from the cmake inputs?

Or maybe we should build libarchive with the configure flags
  --disable-bsdtar --disable-bsdcpio
(and then the tests would not be run...); after all, we have gnu tar and
gnu cpio.

What do you think?

Andreas