guix-devel

Re: [ART] Website mockup

From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo
Subject: Re: [ART] Website mockup
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 18:30:37 -0500

El lun, 16-02-2015 a las 19:11 +0100, Amirouche Boubekki escribió:
> <address@hidden>:
> >>

> >> - less constrast
> >> - logo is good but I'm not sure it will work the same over a white
> >> background
> >
> > The header background is supposed to stay yellow in this version, if you
> > go to another page, for example. It is just that it matches the current
> > background color of the section below it.
>
> Ok, I wasn't thinking about that.
>
> What wanted to say: if the logo must appear in the frontpage or like
> in this case in the header
> it must be the official logo for consistency reason, so that the GSD
> visual identidy is easier to remember.
>
> I'm not sure what is the official logo, that said the one used in the
> yellow header doesn't have enough contrast over a white background. I
> don't know maybe it can work.

No, I think you're right. It's important to be consistent for visual
identity. That's why I prefer the white header.

By the way, the official logo is here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/graphics/

And the SVG file there shows accepted variations.

> >> Maybe doing a mockup including a FSF campaign banner, to avoid akward
> >> design in this situations.
> >

> > I don't think I understand what you mean here.
>
> I can't find an example right now. It's wikipedia that does that for
> its crowdfunding campaign.

Ah, you mean that the design should adapt easily for the occasional use
of those kinds of banners?