guix-devel

VM image creation

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: VM image creation
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 13:16:29 +0100

Hello,

when I run "guix system vm" on my machine (guix on debian), the following
happens:
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/pga62bq0nkgr1jk9j24mddf4amyqgrxc-run-vm.sh.drv
   /gnu/store/fsyd80k6z6gpfsscdsizj9sj63xbkxys-qemu-image.drv
Formatting 'image.qcow2', fmt=qcow2 size=943718400 encryption=off
cluster_size=65536 lazy_refcounts=off
Could not access KVM kernel module: No such file or directory
failed to initialize KVM: No such file or directory
Backtrace:

This is probably normal, as indeed I did not install the KVM kernel module,
and I suppose I will need it for starting the virtual machine anyway.
On the other hand, is there no way of creating the image using only tools
that are provided by guix, without needing particular setups on the host
machine?

Andreas