guix-devel

Re: Graceful handling of missing patches

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Graceful handling of missing patches
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 23:29:40 +0100

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 10:22:39AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>   $ ./pre-inst-env guix build findutils
>   guix build: error: WHAT?.patch: patch not found

This turned out to be crucial in debugging:

The problem with "guix build soprano" was not in the patch of soprano
(which was there), but of its input clucene; with the more informative
error message, we found the problem together with Ludovic: A few patches
were there in git, but not added to gnu-system.am. So they were not
installed by "make install".

This is corrected in commit 2dfed64.

Andreas