guix-devel

Re: Advanced Config Template

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Advanced Config Template
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 22:17:26 +0100

Omar Radwan <address@hidden> skribis:

> I'm trying to install guix in a way that I have X, tor and networking on
> the fly right after install, but I'm having a very hard time with the
> declaration services. This is my config.scm
>
> (use-modules (gnu))
>
> (operating-system
>   (host-name "Atom")
>   (timezone "US/Pacific")
>   (locale "en_US.UTF-8")
>   (bootloader (grub-configuration (device "/dev/sda")))
>   (file-systems (cons (file-system
>                         (device "/dev/sda1")
>                         (mount-point "/")
>                         (type "ext4"))
>                       %base-file-systems))
>   (users (list (user-account
>                 (name "omar")
>                 (group "users")
>

>                 (supplementary-groups '("wheel"
>                                         "audio" "video"))
>                 (home-directory "/home/omar")))))

This is good.  Now you need to declare what services in addition to the
base services you’d like to run.

To do that, add a ‘services’ field in the ‘operating-system’ declaration
above (see
<http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#Using-the-Configuration-System>):

  (services (cons* (tor-service)
                   (slim-service)
                   %base-services))

‘slim-service’ is called this way because it starts Xorg with the SLiM
login manager; see
<http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#X-Window>.

HTH!

Ludo’.