guix-devel

wip-gobject-introspection

From: Federico Beffa
Subject: wip-gobject-introspection
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 20:48:36 +0100

Hi,

I've built python-matplotlib with the patched gobject-introspection
and it appears to have achieved the desired goal: LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
not required anymore at run time.

To achieve that I updated gtk+ and atk. The version currently in
master of those packages failed with an error which looked identical
to the one produced by eudev. An update was enough to fix the problem.
However, it is likely that a fix similar to the one I used for eudev
would have worked as well.

At this point I would welcome the offer made several weeks ago to make
hydra build the branch to get feedback. Alternatively, if for some
reason that is not desirable anymore, we could merge the branch into
master and see how it goes.

Thanks for your feedback,
Fede