guix-devel

Re: ROADMAP in git tree needs to be updated.

From: Omar Radwan
Subject: Re: ROADMAP in git tree needs to be updated.
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 14:16:17 -0800

>I’m tempted to remove the file >altogether, because that’s not really the
>preferred way to communicate about >this, and is bound to become
>outdated.

I think removing it is a bad idea because a roadmap gives you an idea of what is planning to be implemented and the goal. Estimations make people hopeful. And putting in the source tree helps a lot

I think we need to rewrite the roadmap from scratch.

On Dec 29, 2014 1:11 PM, "Ludovic Courtès" <address@hidden> wrote:
Omar Radwan <address@hidden> skribis:

> I was browsing the guix git tree the other day, and I was reading the
> ROADMAP file, and I found it extremely outdated. It talks about Guix 1.0
> being released in time for GNU's 30th anniversary. I think it needs a
> rewrite

Yeah.  (Though it also starts with two paragraphs explaining that this
is historical, and giving a link to a more recent road map.)

I’m tempted to remove the file altogether, because that’s not really the
preferred way to communicate about this, and is bound to become
outdated.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.