guix-devel

Re: use zsh and fish as login shell

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: use zsh and fish as login shell
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 16:09:11 +0100

宋文武 <address@hidden> skribis:

> My previous patches for bash/zsh did not put fish into consider.
> It's not POSIX-compliant, I have to generate a different config file.
>
> Gentoo/Exherho create different files for differnt shells, eg:
>   /etc/profile.env for sh
>   /etc/profile.csh for csh

It seems that /etc/profile is the standard name for Bourne shells, so I
would leave it under that name.

OK for /etc/profile.csh.

> both comming from /etc/env.d.

I don’t see a need to an /etc/env.d directory.

What about finalizing your previous patch, taking into account Mark’s
comments and mine, and then discussing Fish/csh support separately?
That would be easier for me.

Thanks!

Ludo’.