guix-devel

Re: Gluglug X60 Guix howto

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Gluglug X60 Guix howto
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 00:00:48 -0500

白熊 <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2014年11月23日 20:22:24 GMT+03:00, Alex Sassmannshausen <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>I received a request for instructions on how to get Guix running as
>>standalone on the Gluglug X60 — my work is ongoing (I haven't
>>reconfigured the Grub BIOS, nor have I got wireless working yet), but
>>a first draft may help other owners.
>
> I hope you can get the wireless working! Especially during Guix install...

I run standalone Guix on my Gluglug X60 with wireless.  All you have to
do is create a wpa_supplicant.conf file containing stanzas like this:

network={
        ssid="my network name"
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        psk="my network password"
}

and then run:

  wpa_supplicant -i wlp2s0 -c /path/to/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
  dhclient wlp2s0

If you have problems connecting to wireless, you can replace the "-B"
with "-d" in the wpa_supplicant command, which will run it in the
foreground with debugging output enabled.

     Regards,
       Mark