guix-devel

Re: Advice needed on gcc error

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Advice needed on gcc error
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 22:00:57 +0100

Saul Hazledine <address@hidden> skribis:

> Thank you very much for your offer of help. I have the problem that I
> cannot login to the machine over ssh to get the log file. I have
> installed both openssh and lsh (using hydra) but I cannot find an ssh
> daemon.
>
> I have also added (use-modules (gnu services ssh)) to /etc/config.scm
> and ran  'guix system reconfigure' but no ssh daemon is started.

You need to add a call to ‘lsh-service’ in the ‘services’ field of the
configuration, similar to what is shown at
<http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#Using-the-Configuration-System>.

Also, ATM it is necessary to reboot after ‘reconfigure’ for new services
to be started (that limitation will be removed hopefully soon.)

> I totally understand if you do not want to take up time trying to
> solve newbie errors. However, my hope is that these problems provide
> useful information for guix development.

It’s definitely useful!

Thanks,
Ludo’.