guix-devel

Xorg, mesa, libdrm

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Xorg, mesa, libdrm
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 17:09:25 +0100

I just came across these lines in the new package xf86-video-modesetting:
    (inputs `(;; FIXME: This is a libdrm version incompatible with that of
              ;; MESA, which xorg-server uses.  Therefore, using this driver
              ;; leads to "unresolved symbol drmModeSetCursor2".
              ("libdrm" ,libdrm)
Could we not simply use libdrm-2.4.33 as in mesa? The same should hold for
xf86-video-intel. Or probably better yet, as in the other xf86-video-*,
use mesa as an input.

Andreas