guix-devel

Re: [ART] Background image for GRUB

From: Felipe López
Subject: Re: [ART] Background image for GRUB
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 18:49:29 -0500

On 05/11/14 18:06, Andreas Enge wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 10:39:17PM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote:
>> This is not bad at all! The gnu like a watermark is very elegant, I think.
>> But the Guix logo and the gnu head are stomping on each other's feet. How
>> about putting the Guix logo in the lower right corner of the frame with the
>> boot options? Is it possible to drop this frame? I suppose not, but it would
>> again be more elegant with respect to the gnu watermark.
>
> Actually, you could use the Guix logo as given on its home page:
>    https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/graphics/
> with the text "The GNU System" underneath. This is what I usually mean
> when speaking of the Guix logo.

I removed that text because it is one of the things I find confusing
about Guix: if Guix is "The GNU System", why not call the system just GNU?

If for some reason we can't use the name GNU to refer to the system we
are putting together, I think the text in the Guix logo should read "A
GNU System".

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/