guix-devel

Re: [ART] Background image for GRUB

From: Taylan Ulrich Bayırlı/Kammer
Subject: Re: [ART] Background image for GRUB
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 20:50:27 +0100

Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro <address@hidden> writes:

> [everything]

I really agree after all; when I think of it, the number of people I've
met who know and possibly even like "Linux" but have either literally
never heard of GNU, or think of it as some obscure side-project, is
quite depressing.

And talking about Guix or "GuixOS" as a "distro" might have a risk of
people remembering it as "yet another Linux distro."

The problem is just with people who already know what GNU is but don't
necessarily associate very strongly with it, and are thus annoyed by the
conflation of the umbrella project and the concrete distribution, but I
suppose we can explain them the reason.

You've convinced me. :-)

Taylan