guix-devel

Re: Grafts

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Grafts
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 21:27:41 +0100

I went ahead and merged the guts of ‘wip-grafts’.  This changes the ABI,
so make sure to run:

  make clean-go && make

> However, the ‘graft-derivation’ procedure is not recursive: it grafts
> the derivation you give it, but doesn’t graft its dependencies.

This problem is not addressed yet, but I decided to postpone it,
probably until after 0.8 (I have the beginnings of a fix, but nothing
baked yet), so we can move forward.

To summarize, we can already use grafts, via the ‘replacement’ field of
a package, but there are some cases where it will not do exactly what we
want.  Please send a message if you want to use it and are unsure.

Ludo’.