guix-devel

Re: Font package naming convention

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Font package naming convention
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 18:32:07 +0100

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 06:20:46PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> There’s no documented convention (yet), so it’s not a mistake strictly
> speaking.  :-)

We have a convention for package names, including fonts; so strictly speaking
it is a mistake.

> I think we must settle on a convention, and I would personally prefer to
> follow the principle of least surprise–i.e., choose a convention that is
> already widespread elsewhere.

We need not settle on a convention as we already have one for packages.
But we could choose another one close to the naming of python and perl modules
if enough people wish to have special rules for fonts.

Andreas