guix-devel

Re: Listing sub-system maintainers?

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Listing sub-system maintainers?
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 22:20:34 +0200

There have not been many replies to your message, so I will quickly give
my opinion. The idea looks good to me.

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 02:49:30PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>     They have permission to check patches into the
>     repository without obtaining approval first.
>
>   - The Write After Approval Maintainers.
>
>     These are developers who have write access to the Guix source tree.
>     They can check in their own changes once a developer with the
>     appropriate authority has approved the changes; they can also apply
>     the Obvious Fix Rule (below).
>
> Maintainers should always post non-trivial patches to address@hidden
> Trivial patches include fixing typos, fixing obvious mistakes, etc.

I think we should be less contradictory, and give more freedom to the
maintainers. So I would state that maintainers are allowed to commit
non-controversial patches (which in fact they already do...).

Andreas